Monday, July 28, 2008

Fried Okra...

Yet another food post from the Shackelford family. This one is dedicated to Dan's Grandma Beulah, who makes some of the best fried okra around. They harvest their okra really small over here, so when you cut it up, it's really little and we weren't sure it would work well fried. We finally decided to try it anyway the other night. It was really really good. The fact that it was so small meant that there was more breading on it per capita, and nobody was sad about that.

6 comments:

Fred and Renee said...

It looks so good! It makes me want to go get some okra.

Elizabeth said...

Nice job! Grandma sent me home with a lot of squash, cucumbers, okra and canteloupe from her garden yesterday. I'm planning on frying the okra tomorrow night. How did you bread yours?

Anonymous said...

That looks really good. I'm glad that you were able to make it there. Here's an air hug. Love you guys.

Hannah and Randy said...

your food always looks so good!

Anonymous said...

I love me some fried okra!! YUM! YUM!

Zachary Allen Wiggs said...

OKAY YOU TWO I HAVE ENJOYED YOUR POSTING AND NEED YOU TO DO MORE OF IT. I love fried okra. Is something about that batter that makes it amazing!