Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Clothing Woes . . .

Well, this post is really just a plea for empathy. You see, most people have a hard time keeping their children properly clothed, free from dirt, stains, holes etc. My more serious problem is keeping my HUSBAND properly clothed. Unlike anyone else I know, Dan has a great ability for getting holes in his clothes. Before we moved overseas, I made sure that Dan had plenty of jeans and khakis to bring with us, because he wears a 36 length pant and you can't just find those anywhere. We moved in October. By January he was down to one pair that didn't have a hole or a grease stain on them! So, as people have come to see us, I've ordered several more pairs of pants for him. Well, here is a picture of their current state. The jeans are four months old and have a huge rip in the knee. The khakis are two months old and the day before yesterday he somehow managed to rip the pocket just from rubbing against a car. Don't you like his mending job!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

If I know Dan like I think I do, he probabably prefers his pants to have holes and patches in them. That's so funny!

jolie said...

Ben emailed this to me-I think to make himself look better as he does the same thing! How do they do that?

Fred and Renee said...

I don't know how he manages but it was the same story when I was clothing him. He could ALWAYS manage to tear a hole in his pants. He wore a pair in college that were torn all the way around with just a little of the back hanging on. I wish I could tell you that it will get better, but it won't. We will just have to keep our eyes open for sales on those long legged pants. :-)