Monday, September 01, 2008

Not as young as I used to be...

So, when I was in college, as I worked with children, one of my favorite things to do was to pick them up and twirl them around. They liked it, too. They would run up to me and yell, Mr. Dan, twirl me, twirl me!" And I would for at least half an hour every Monday afternoon.

So, the other day, I saw Tami twirling Zeke around and I thought, 'I guess he is getting big enough to do that.' The next day, I picked Zeke up under his arms and began to twirl him in circles. He thought it was fun and wanted me to do it some more. So I picked him up again and started doing it. He and I were both walking a little funnily afterwards, but about a minute later, he was fine. I, on the other hand, had a bellyache for the rest of the day. This happened to me once before, too, when I lived in Brazil and rode the teacups with Anna Brawner, who was 5 at the time. Yeah, the teacups!! Oh well! I guess I'm just not as young as I used to be.

3 comments:

Fred Shackelford said...

maybe if you weren't eating all that fried okra......

Anonymous said...

David said he can relate to that.

Anonymous said...

Totally understand. Mike and I felt pretty pathetic when we were at the park with the boys and started swinging really high and then were both sick afterwards. :)