Wednesday, September 03, 2008

My day . . .

I was just typing an email to my friend Dana telling her about my day, and I decided to copy this story over onto our blog. So, here it goes:

"Today I had language study and Dan had work and Zeke had preschool. So, I had to take Kaiyah to language with me. It takes me about 1 ½ hours on the bus to get to my tutor’s home, and then another 1 ½ hours to get back. Then I had to go straight to the preschool to pick Zeke up, which added another 30 minutes or so. I got there just in time. Then I had to walk with 2 kids, one stroller and 2 bags ½ a mile or so to where I catch the public vans. I had to pile all our junk onto the van and ride the 30 minutes home (it’s not that far, it just takes awhile with all the stopping and stuff). All the way home Zeke said "Zeke drive. Zeke drive." I said, "No you have to be grown to drive." So then it was "Zeke grown, Zeke grown." When we finally got close to home I was throwing all our junk out of the van trying to gather up all my children and get them off etc. At this point Zeke didn’t want to ride in the stroller so I had the bags in the stroller, Kaiyah in her pack, and Zeke was helping me to push the stroller. I see a car began backing up, swinging from the road right into my sidewalk (now granted, just as many cars think they have a right to the sidewalk as people.) I figured surely he sees me and I couldn’t really jerk out of the way without loosing Zeke. So I just stood there and the car kept coming! When it bumped into the stroller I finally yelled and they stopped. No damage done. After I gave them a dirty look and made sure they saw Zeke they apologized! Any-who, that was my excitement of the day!"

Just a day in the life of Tami . . .

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You poor thing!!!

Fred and Renee said...

That sounds like not much fun. I can't imagine trying to get around all the traffic and on and off the transportation with the kids without help. It was hard enough with all of us.

Anonymous said...

that was definitely a crazy day. Somehow adventures always manage to find you, Tami. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my Tami, you make me tired. I'm so thankful that you guys are okay. How many days are like that minus the car incident?

Tori and Lee said...

yeah.. that counts as a crazy day!!