Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tami's first hair dresser experience!

So, I've been needing to go and get a hair cut. Several weeks ago I spotted a couple of hair places near our home and last Friday I carefully role played with my tutor how to communicate what I wanted. I've been studying the words I needed, and today was the BIG day. When Dan got home from school, off I went! Well, the two places I spotted were closed. As I stood there looking, a lady walked by, so I told her I was looking for a hair dresser. There was a photography studio between the two hair dresser places and she informed me that there was a hair dresser above the photography studio. So, I went up and asked how much it would cost and they said it would be the equivalent to $5.00. Perfect! I carefully used all my new vocabulary skills to explain that I just wanted a little bit cut off the end. She asked if I wanted any layers (another one of my new vocab words). Well, a friend had warned me that they are a little layer happy here, so I said no, but maybe just a few in the front. She washed my hair, and then got ready to cut. She showed me how much she was going to cut off and it was about an inch so I said that was great! Well, before I knew it she has busted out this razor. Yes, she took about an inch off the very bottom layer but all the others lost 4, 5, 6 inches. Hee, hee. Luckily, I haven't been very hormonal today so it made me laugh rather than cry. I look quite European now with my layered hair cut! Here are pictures for your viewing pleasure!!!!

12 comments:

Fred said...

Well, you know me. I've got like 1/2 a layer, so I'm no authority on hair, but I think you look great!

Fred and Renee said...

I think it is quite pretty. It looks really good around your face. I may have to get a five dollar haircut when I get there.
:-) Love you - Renee

Elizabeth said...

I'm going to have to agree with everyone else. While it is a REALLY funny story, your hair looks REALLY great. And props to you for being able to do all that communicating. Very impressive!!

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful always, Tami!!!

Jennifer said...

I think it looks really pretty! Maybe I should start going to your girl if she only charges $5!! Of course I don't think the cost of the plane ticket would justify the hair cut, but I may mention it to Fred!

Brooke said...

looks nice... not bad for $5 my last hair cut after buying hair stuff and nail stuff was over $100!!!

Anonymous said...

awe, i like it!

Anonymous said...

i love it. I think it's very cute. that does sound like a great deal too. You crack me up how you have adventures where ever you go. ha ha.

Dan and Tami said...

Just to clarify for Elizabeth, I made my communication skills sound a lot more flowy in the story than in real life. Trust me! Hee, hee.

Anonymous said...

I know you said no to the layers but it looks wonderful. I also like your top.

M&M said...

Well, Tami . . . I'm so proud of you for braving the hair salon!! It looks great!!!

Anonymous said...

I like it. Personally I haven't had a five dollar haircut any place in a very long time.

Love you,

Dad