Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Kaiyah starts preschool!


  Kaiyah has been so excited about starting preschool, namely because we purchased princess shoes to wear there and haven't let her wear them at home :)  As we walked into the courtyard where we were to wait for the teacher she looked up at me with a big smile and said, "Mommy, I so exciting.  I can't wait."  That's not a typo!  The teacher came out and started to read out the list of students and they were to line up in a line in front of her.  Kaiyah was the 3rd child she called, although she called her Michelle instead of Kaiyah.  I corrected her, but later still heard her calling her Michelle, so she may be Michelle from now on.  Ha!  Kaiyah lined up in line, ducking her head in that coy little way she does.  Every know and then she would turn and look at me and smile really big.  When the teacher had everyone lined up, the marched inside.  Off Kaiyah went, turning to smile every now and then.  Can't wait to pick her up and hear how it went!

  Things get better and better for Zeke.  When I took him this morning, his new friend Abdullah and his mom came running to the gate to meet us!  I was able to talk to the mom for a long time while we waited for the teacher.  When we picked Zeke up, he said Abdullah had shared his coloring pencils with him (apparently the teacher made an announcement in class to bring some, but of course, we didn't know).  The teacher also said today was better and she was able to spend a little time talking to Zeke, I think trying to teach him a few words like stand up, come etc.  Zeke said he likes school . . . I call day number 3 a success!

1 comment:

Fred and Renee said...

I, too, can't wait to hear about Michelle/Kaiyah's day!! :-) I am so oleased that Zeke's experience with school is going well and that he has made a new friend. Love hearing about school!!