Sunday, July 03, 2011

"Short" cut

Kaiyah has had one hair cut in her life, it was when she was around 18 months old. She was well overdue for a trim. So, she and I set out for a mommy-daughter date to get her hair cut and have our toes painted. We went to my normal pedicure place for her "short" cut (as she kept calling it). She was rather apprehensive about the prospect. Zeke so kindly kept reminding her that it wouldn't hurt (I wonder where she even got that idea?) Anyways, Saturday mornings are not the time to go to the "Kuafor", apparently, because 3 brides were all in there getting ready for their big day. We watched the guy who was going to cut Kaiyah's hair. It took him an hour to get the lady's hair into a bun that pleased her. When he started on the next lady, we decided we might be better off going somewhere else. So, we headed to the mall where I knew of a children's hair place. And though we didn't get our pedicures, Kaiyah got to pick out some fun nail polish and we painted her toes when we got home. I love these special one-on-one times with my kids!

2 comments:

Fred and Renee said...

She looks so pretty. I love her haircut!!!

Anita said...

Very fun day and very pretty girl!