Friday, June 03, 2011

Kaiyah

Umm, where did this little girl come from and what did she do with my baby? Seriously, it seems like over night Kaiyah grew into a little girl. Her favorite saying right now is, "I a three year old. I can do it all myself." Sometimes this is a good thing, sometimes not so much :)

So often these days I find my heart just filled and over flowing with gratitude from all God has blessed me with. I love my family so much. I love being the mom to Kaiyah. I love to hear her giggle with delight. I love it when she looks over at me and says, "I do love you." I love eavesdropping on all the conversations she has with her toys, or really any object she happens to decide to play with. I love to watch her friendship with Zeke and Sierra grow.

Last year at this time she would pitch fits when forced to wear dresses. This year, she wears them with delight, and exclaims, "I am SOOOO pretty!" She is smart, picking up on a lot of the stuff Zeke is learning in school. She loves to go treasure hunting with her daddy.

Yes, my baby is definitely growing up. And you know, I wouldn't change it. Sometimes I look at pictures like the one I just posted, and think, awww, I don't have much time left with my little girl (Yes, I'm the one who has already shed tears thinking about my kids going off to college. Hey, it's a big deal when you live thousands of miles away from where they will move to), but I wouldn't change it because I know the years to come have just as many fun stages and memories. I think I'll just work on treasuring the blessings God gives in each and every day!

2 comments:

Anita said...

She is precious. I love her. As you said, treasure every moment!

Fred and Renee said...

It is hard to think about kids growing up and having to "let go". But then they marry people who become your good friends and make you some precious grandchildren, so it works our great! Love you all! Kaiyah is such a doll. I can't believe that she is a three year old either.