Saturday, January 24, 2009

Birthday Presents...

I had a wonderful birthday yesterday and got some nice presents from the people I love.
The love of my life (Tami) gave me this really nice heavy winter coat, complete with a removable hood. Unfortunately, we seem to have hit a warm streak with temperatures in the 50's this week, but I imagine it will get colder before spring. I hope so, anyway; I really like this coat. (-:
Zeke and Kaiyah gave me a new teapot. Tea concentrate goes on top and water goes on bottom; that way, you can make your tea as strong or as weak as you like it. It's also shiny, so it takes fun pictures.
My parents gave me Mario Kart for the Nintendo Wii. It's lots of fun and has a cool feature that allows you to play against people all over the world through the internet. I played with my brother and his 5 year old son yesterday, and they both beat me badly. Incidentally, if anyone has the game and would like to send us your license number, we would love to play with you.
Tami's parents gave a game called Blokus. It's highly addictive, and I think it's proven to make you smarter, so if you've never played it, you should give it a shot.

Anyway, I feel extremely blessed to have such a wonderful family. I wish for thirty more years (really 60 or so, but 30 for the sake of the metaphor) as wonderful as my first thirty.

2 comments:

Fred and Renee said...

I am glad that you had a good day. I love the coat and maybe you can show me how to play Blokus when we come visit. I could use some more smarts. :-)

Fred Shackelford said...

hey nice pic. for a second there i thought it was Buzz Lightyear. LOL love ya guy - Dad